Monday, October 03, 2005

Gimme a K, Gimme an A, Gimme an L

It is KAL time! The sock knit-alongs have posted the new socks! The socknitters kals didn't have anything that spoke to me this time so I have just 3 new socks to knit.

The sixsocks is doing a mosaic pattern and oddly enough I've never knit a sock with a mosaic pattern before so this should be fun. Gotta sit down and pick out some yarn.

The FolkSocks group has chosen the "Latvian" sock and I'm expecting my book to arrive any day now. Nothing like a kal to give you an excuse for buying a new book!

The Knitting of the Road group has chosen "Conwy" for the new sock and I am in love. The pattern is beautiful and this yarn is to-die for. I'm using Harris Tweed Shetland 4ply and the colours are yummy.



Also on the needles: The Gotland Island mittens are progressing, slowly but surely. The yellow ball of cotton is decreasing and the number of dishcloths increasing. The chevron sock for my sister has one done and the second one underway. And like I didn't need another wip, I cast on and have not been able to put down this Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl. I'm using odd balls of fancy/novelty yarns from the stash.


Click here to enlarge.

No comments: