Thursday, March 23, 2006

Mitres, Socks, and Stash-a-long

Thank you to everyone for the comments on my mitred blanket! I do love it and it is wonderfully snuggly and warm on our bed. I am proud of it as it is the largest blanket I have ever knit and the only mitred blanket I have kept for myself. (The others were gifted). It isn't quite so psychodelic looking in real life, since it is so big.

Now, I have to ask you all to hang your head in shame with me as this week I broke the stash-a-long (with only a week and a bit to go!) and bought myself some of the wonderful Regia sock yarn from elann. I guess I must have been in a euphoric haze from finishing the blanket! Oh well, almost three months with no yarn buying has been good for me and I'm pleased with myself for having made it so far. I'm not going to officially join the new Stash-a-long blog but I am going to try and keep up knitting from stash as much as possible. I have enough stash to keep me going for a few years it seems!

With the blanket out of the way, I've picked up the Norwegian socks again and progress is going very well with the second sock, now that I can just follow what I did for the first one and I've finished the leg and just started the heel. Which has freed up the extra needle and I can now get to work on the second Pink Ladder Sock as well. So my fellow socksters can look forward to seeing sock progress here once again.

If you can believe it, I have to tell you I started another (actually two!) mitred blankets. I just love these things!! I'm working one with a blue yarn for the MC, so it is not going to be 100% scrappy like the black one. But I am working from the scrap basket (I seem to have an endless supply of scraps) and blindly pulling out yarns, if it goes with the blue I use it and if it doesn't I've started another one with black again. I think I may see how many of these blankets I can knit this year and give as Christmas presents.

No pictures today, but stay tuned for the next post when I should have finished socks to show and will post progress pics of the blankets and you can all see the lovely yarn that was my undoing in the stash-a-long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the blanket, it's huge. I don't think I have the ability to finish something that big.

My yarn arrived today from Elann.com and it is beautiful. If you had to fall from grace, this was the way to do it. =)