Monday, May 22, 2006

Finally a FO

Well, I had intended to post before this but on Sunday I came down with a horrible cold. By Tuesday I couldn't lift my arms to knit (then the family knew I was really sick), by Wednesday I was a zombie leaving my bed only to go to the bathroom. Started getting better on Thursday since I picked up the needles again and I finally have a Finished Object. It feels like months since I've finished a pair of socks but let's see ... my last socks were finished on April 14 so, yeah, it's been a while.

Here we have the Denmarks. My camera is out of commission so I had to take a scan.

Denmarks

Pattern: Denmark from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush
Yarn: Filatura De Crosa 501
Notes: This yarn is a DK weight and I followed the pattern pretty closely. Lovely yarn, btw, I'm not really into tweeds but this green just called out to me. I used US3 for the body of the sock but switched to US2 for the heel and toe and I used my normal star toe instead of as written.

Due to the camera situation I will not be posting a picture of the blue mitre blanket yet but don't worry I'll show you as soon as I can.

Currently on the needles: The ladybug chevron socks and a black scrap mitre blanket. The new kotr kal sock will be chosen soon so I may not start another sock until then but you never know ... (!!)

4 comments:

Dave said...

Your Denmarks are lovely. I just finished a pair of those myself. It's a very nice pattern.

Karen said...

you must have had the same bug I'm trying to get over. Your Denmarks are lovely, I love that shade of green.

Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Wow, your Denmarks look so gorgeous, what a wonderful color you used for them, and I adore the pattern - it's high up on my "Have to knit" list already! Great work!

StarKnits said...

those a pretty socks the scan worked really good! it looks neat!