Thursday, July 13, 2006

Another Blanket

Yeah!! I finished the blanket. This was total random using my scraps and black as the main colour. Haven't measured it but it is quite big. Hanging on my fence it looks a little crooked but it really lays perfectly flat. So, I'm already planning the next one using an old 60/40 wool/acrylic nubby yarn from my stash, a delicious butterscotch colour. This will be a little more planned as I'll only use scraps that go with the MC (both co-ordinating and contrast colours). I've already got something in mind for the next black scrap one, too. It won't be squares next time, if my plan works out. We'll see. But in the meantime I've started another hat and feel another hat binge coming on.

Mitered Blanket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holey Moley! It looks great, I don't think I'd have the fortitude to finish one like that, the seaming would kill me I think. ;)

Nikki in Niagara said...

Thanks Ginger! There is no seaming, I hate seaming! I just pick up stitches and knit it as one piece.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I can't believe how gorgeous this blanket is! Fantastic colors, and gosh, it seems really huge! Great work - congrats!

KnitYoga said...

That blanket is amazing. So colourful! I love it!

nessie said...

Me too! I am jealous actually I could never do anything like that.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning.