Friday, November 03, 2006

Still Here

Wow, I haven't posted in a while! Things have been pretty hectic around here lately and I haven't been knitting as much as usual. I am still knitting, though. I have been pretty much working exclusively on the Poppy Shawl (see previous entry) and am on the 11th row of 17 rows of poppies. I'm still enjoying it as much as when I started though the rows are enormously long now and I'm at a point where I need to move up to a longer needle. However, I am using the longest needle I have so will have to go buy a new (longer) circ. This will entail a trip to the city so it may be a bit before I can get out and get one.

In the meantime, a few days ago I cast on for a new sock. This will be my November entry for the SAM2. I am doing a basic Feather & Fan sock with Regia Bamboo. There is something about this F&F pattern (from the book Socks, Socks, Socks) that just practically knits itself. I am almost at the toe of the first sock. The Bamboo yarn is delicious, a joy to knit with and a joy to touch. It's one of those yarns where you just have to keep picking up your knitting to caress the yarn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing about that feather and fan pattern from SocksSocksSocks. Obviously I am going to have to check it out. Can't wait to see it, and to see how your shawl is coming.