Thursday, September 08, 2005

Finished x 3

Woo hoo! Items just flying off the needles in the past few days. Finished off three things!

First, the bias blanket. I used scraps for this and knit to the point where I was sick of it and then decreased. Knit in garter stitch, it lays flat so I didn't bother with a border. It's a little smaller than I had originally intended but it's the perfect size for the 5-year-old, who is thrilled to have his own cuddle blanket.


Click here to enlarge.

Next on the block are the basketcase socks. I've been using up some of my vintage yarns and again these use a vintage sock yarn by Embassy. The sock in the foreground is still wet and you can see the faint variences in the colour of the yarn. The neutral yarn has very faint almost rose highlights and I think the red on the heels and toe really bring it out on the sock in the background which is dry.


Click here to enlarge.

Finally, we have the munstersocken, which were pure joy to knit!

2 comments:

Anna said...

That blanket is GORGEOUS!! I really like your socks! They look great!

Anonymous said...

you ar elucky to get so many socks done,they look great and I like the blanket as well
cara
earth mother