Friday, December 30, 2005

I'm Back!

Whew! I've been so sick the last couple of days I've barely been out of bed. But the life in me is coming back, now I can blog again.

Hope every one had a fabulous Christmas and best wishes to all for the New Year.

We had a wonderful Christmas, my sister gave the surprise of my life by turning up on our doorstep Christmas Eve! They decided at 11:00 a.m. Christmas Eve morning to come down here, packed everyone and everything into the van without telling us! My best Christmas present ever. So, that made this year's Christmas dinner the first that the whole family: my family and the extended family on my dad's side from his marriage were all together for Christmas. Dinner was great and a houseful with 21 people from 80-something to 7 mos.

My knitting related Christmas presents included a few much coveted items:



I've spent more time using the ball winder than actually knitting this last week! But as I've been winding I realized just how much stash (never-ending stash) I have and was going to make some kind of New Year's Resolution about it when I found out about this Stashalong.

So I do hereby declare that I will not buy any new stash for the next 3 months!

In the spirit of the Stashalong I started a mitred square rug out of Phentex that has been sitting at the bottom of my stash since who-knows-when. Also in progress I have the Whitby socks (worked both at the same time) at the foot and my stranded sock I'm designing has come out of retirement now that the holidays are over.



Click here to enlarge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll love the ball winder, I use mine more than I ever imagined I would. I'm jealous of the Knitting Vintage Socks book.