Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Warm Hands, Warm Feet

Not as much knitting as usual going on around here but I do have some FOs to show.


Warm Feet


Click here to enlarge.

Pattern: Munstersocken for my niece. no pattern
Yarn: odds and ends of sock yarn
Notes: basic 56 st stocking stitch with a star toe.

Warm Hands


Click here to enlarge.

Pattern: Salish Mittens from "Folk Mittens"
Yarn: odd balls of bulky weight from stash, the brown is a mohair/wool blend that has a gorgeous halo that can't be seen in the picture and these mitts are WARM!
Notes: followed the pattern exactly, no adjustments. The colours are a bit lighter than shown in the photo. I love this pattern and will knit again soon.




My November sock of the month club kit came on the 30th. This is an easy pattern but with a unique idea of double strands for the leg.



WIP Report
1) no progress on the yellow crochet blanket lately
2) one Travelling Sock finished, second one working on the leg
3) started the Country Socks for the "Folk Socks" knitalong

Upcoming Projects
1) Whitby Socks for Knitting on the Road Kal
2) Shadow Socks for sixsox kal
3) fingerless mitts for me and the 16yo

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Wonderful mittens. There are so many in that book that I want to knit.

Anonymous said...

Hello Nicola, I justg found your blog and am very impressed at your sock knitting! I love to knit socks, too. This pair, from Munstersocken? I love the colors. Was it a self-striping yarn or did you mix the colors yourself? I'm not familiar with that yarn, what weight is it?

Trish from North Carolina
www.randomthreads.com