Sunday, September 17, 2006

Decisions Have Been Made

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I've decided on patterns for these three yarns.

First up the Wendy Capri. After one false start knitting with this I realized it was more of a worsted weight than dk and decided upon the itsy-bitsy mesh bag pattery from Knitty. I'm more than half-way finished and just about ready to start the second ball so feeling good knowing I'll have enough yarn. This yarn is working perfectly and I really like it. Here's the progress pic.





Next on the list was the Patons Siberia. sparkli suggested the My So Called Scarf pattern. I haven't knit that before and took a look at the pattern, which is gorgeous! But after good consideration, this yarn is just too fluffy and nubby for the pattern stitch to show up well. So I went hunting online for a pattern, then I remembered a pattern from an Interweave Knits issue and have decided upon these fingerless mitts. They call for 100 gr and I only have 80 gr, but I've made full sized mittens with 100 gr of chunky yarn so I should be ok and I'm going to make them a bit shorter than the pattern calls for anyway so I think we'll be good. This is on page 7 of the Fall 2005 issue.



And finally the Patons Cotton Sahara, which, yes, has been mellowing for quite some time! christy j logically suggested a pillow top since it would match my living room. After looking though some pillow patterns I just couldn't see this cotton, nubby yarn as any of them! More thinking and came up with the equation: Cotton Yarn = Dishcloth. I think this cotton/nylon blend might actually make a very nice dishcloth, give it a bit more scrubbing power than a 100% cotton. Now the colours are way off for my kitchen so I'll gift these for Christmas. I should get a couple of cloths (maybe three?) from this yarn. Now I'll be haunting this list of dishcloth patterns.

PS - I am still working on the Retro Rib socks. I'm working the feet now.

Next blog post should some FO's and when I've knit this batch of yarn up I'll post the next selection of yarn from the box. So get your thinking caps ready to help me again!

2 comments:

KnitYoga said...

I wish I could be as organised as that! Sounds like you're all sorted and know exactly which yarns are going to become which projects. Looking forward to seeing them become! :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments.

Katura said...

A really fun dish cloth pattern here: http://criminyjickets.blogspot.com/2006/07/garterlac-dishcloth.html

I learned a new tecnique with this one, and it is written very well!