Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Opal Socks and More

Not a lot of knitting done this week. We had company for the Victoria Day long weekend and were out and about most of the time. First I have finished the first Opal Rodeo sock and just started the second one this morning. I love these colours and look how just a bit of orange turned up at the toes.



I also finished the border on the mitred square afghan for my sister last week as promised. This is a lot of fun to do and I went wild with fibers, including everything from acrylic to cotton to wool to mohair and every weight of yarn from double strands of crochet cotton to bulky weights. That is the beauty of mitres and why I like them so much, I think. I just love experimenting with colour and mixing fibres.


And finally I started work on putting some squares together from my crochet exchange. These are all my blues and I'm putting a white square between each one and bordering all squares with 1 rnd of sc in Soft Navy and then joining them together with a slip stitch. I really like how this is looking!



Non-knitting content: I was totally un-impressed with last night's American Idol. Those two "original" songs they had to sing were awful! Why couldn't they let them sing songs in their own genres and shine? Anyway I thought Carrie was very wooden, nerves probably, and I hope Bo wins tonight. He's been my favourite all long. Then that's all my reality shows over for the time being. Thankfully, Canadian Idol starts on Monday and Big Brother will be starting in the next little while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your opal socks. I am knitting my first pair of socks which happen to be strong heel socks. Thanks for the pattern. I'm going to knit them next.