Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Friday's Finds, Knitting and More

Well, this week I didn't do much thrifting at all. I did pop into an antique/junk store and managed to pick this up. 1937 woman's magazine has lots of cool images and ads plus some knitting patterns; and two old postcards

Antique/Junk Store Finds

All was not lost though as I managed to get a couple of real good deals on ebay this week. A lot of vintage birthday cards and a lot of old photographs.

Ebay Score 1 - 120+ Vintage Birthday Cards

Ebay Score 2 - Old Photos

Some of you were quite interested in the altered puzzles I was participating in and with the move and all I never got a chance to post pictures but I have received three completed puzzles now. Each piece was altered by a different artist, I haven't completed the frames yet but have to share how wonderful these are. Click on the images to see larger.

Wizard of Oz Altered Puzzle

Star Trek Altered Puzzle

Star Trek TNG Altered Puzzle

And finally, Yes, I do knit! I'm still working on a mitred blanket. This will be my third one this year, as you may remember I decided to see how many I could make this year. I'm getting ready to finish it, I have to buy another ball of black then I'm going to do the final finishing round. I'm getting a bit tired of it and besides I have 7 balls of a butterscotch coloured yarn that I'm anxious to use as the main colour for the next one.

Also started a new project and will leave you with a little teaser of the WIP.

WIP June 28

No comments: