Thursday, March 02, 2006

Norwegian Nemesis

Well, the Norwegians did it to me again, but I got back at them. The pattern says to start toe 3" less than desired length and looking at the picture they do have a nice 3" toe. Well, I thought "that's nice" and preceded to knit as instructed. Well, I finished and ended up with a 2" toe.

The socks are way too short for me!! But I'm not out for the count yet! My foot is 8.5", these socks are 7.5", well my 5year old has a 7" foot so on they went to his foot and being somewhat baggy they do fit. They will actually be nice for house socks and with jeans tucked into the leg fit rather well. But I was thinking that my niece, who is 7, has the same size foot as him. So I am going to save the socks for a present for her next Christmas. Now the second one has been cast on and I'm finishing the cuff. Here's the finished first sock:



On other news, I've been receiving my Wizard of Oz altered puzzle pieces back and you can see them on my other blog. I did create a second blog, but I just post pictures of my art. This is where I do all my writing.

And today I received my very first postcrossing card. I love it!! X-Files is one of my favourite shows.

1 comment:

astridpersons said...

your sock has turned out beautiful:
lucky niece!
can you tell me the rules of the postcrossing cards? where can i sign in?