Monday, July 24, 2006

She Who Likes To Knit Hats

Couple of more hats off the needles this week!

First a mosaic pattern that took me a week to knit. I don't know, mosaic is tooted as the easy alternative to stranded knitting but I am so slow with mosaic patterns and much prefer stranded. I like the look of mosaics though.

Mosaic Hat

Then knit much faster (2.5 days!) is this stranded hat. At first I wasn't too sure about the pattern band (it seemed too busy) but the more I look at it the more I like it. I really like the colours here. I'm using up odd balls for these hats and it is forcing me to find colour combos that wouldn't normally come to me. Pink, brown, yellow, gold and blue!

Picot-Hem Fair Isle Hat

And I have started working on the next mitred (mitered) blanket with the butterscotch yarn and am loving it! Will get a sneak peek photo for you some time soon.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love both hats, the colors are wonderful. Can't wait to see the new blanket.

astridpersons said...

both are great: it's a mather of taste I suppose what method you prefer. Mosaic knitting has got the advantage that it stays flexible/ elastic (is that how you say it in english?)