Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Zebra - Take Two

Well, one ball of Opal Rainforest Collection Zebra made me a pair of socks and a this pair of Spiral Rib socks for the 5 year old - with about 1 yard left over! This pattern is from Socks Socks Socks.


Click here to enlarge.

On the needles


Click here to enlarge.

Since I was sockless, and the kals will be announcing the new sock patterns in a few days, I couldn't possibly not have socks on the needles but needed something quick I'm working on a pair of my Chevron Socks for my sister for Christmas.

Also, still working on the yellow dishcloths.

And a new mitten is underway! The Gotland Island Mittens from Folk Mittens. These are a learning experience for me. I've already frogged it once as they were coming out too big. I had to go down to a US#0 to get gauge. I'm using Lang Thema since I bought a bag of different colours from elann to make mitts this winter. I also have switched to 5 dpns. I've never used 5 dpns before and am surprised at how easy they are to use, especially for the stranded work. The floats over the needle joins are so much easier to work this way.

Comments on Comments

Thanks for all the nice words about my knitting! If you leave your email address when you comment, I can respond to you personally.

mitz: the zigzag multi-d scarf used a mystery yarn from my stash. No label, and I can't remeber what it was, sorry.

tanja asked where I get my dishcloth patterns. Knitting Pattern central. This is where I get almost all my on-line patterns.

rebecca: I belong to the "I-belong-to-too-many-knitalongs-club" and there is a new one , which you've gone and started, for Folk Socks that I.must.not.join.

No comments: