Saturday, September 03, 2005

Something New

Finished the last scarf for the time being. A feather and fan:



The basketcase sock is a lot of fun to knit. I'm using fingering and #1 needles and it has a lot of stretch. Decided to add some colour and am using the leftover red from Amble for the heel and toe. One sock done and the next one almost has the leg finished.


Click here to enlarge.

One night last week, I didn't feel like knitting anything I had in progress so I picked up the needles and cast on for a 2x2 rib sock for the 5-year-old. I start rooting around in my odds & ends and before you know it .... I had a munstersocken! My very first one and it was so fun to knit. I kept saying to myself, just one more stripe ... just one more stripe ... There are going to be a lot more of these in the future.


Click here to enlarge.

Been thinking about mittens lately, the fair isle urge is starting to raise it's head. I think it's fair to say mittens will be on the needles soon.

Oh, and the Socks, Socks, Socks knit-along has chosen the Feather and Fan sock as it's first pattern. I'm going to give it a try in Opal Rainforest Zebra.

No comments: