Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Boot Socks

Knitting is down to a minimum as Christmas approaches. I am working on the stranded socks of my own design that I am using Lucy Neatby's Travelling Socks pattern as a guide but I have set them aside now until after Christmas as my knitting has to be portable and mindless at the moment. I have also just started the Whitby socks for the KOTR kal, easy pattern.

I also just finished these socks. My 5yo needed some warm, long socks to wear with his boots so I call these Boot Socks.



Pattern: used the Garter Rib stitch from "Sensational Socks"
Yarn: odds and ends of sport weight yarn
Notes: basic 48 st sock with 2.75mm (US2) needles

Also picked up some new knitting magazines this week:



And finally, I made myself a stitch marker. I am always envious when I see the gorgeous stitch markers that many knitters make themselves. However, this is not my scene. I hate fiddling with tiny things and would never have the patience to fiddle with beads and wires. So I simply attached a charm to a small ring and presto a stitch marker. My camera does not do close-ups so the photo is horrible but hopefully you get the gist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I insist you send me your address right away - so I can send you some stitch markers
Ines

and specify some colors

Sharon J said...

Can I ask you what kind of toe you used for the Boot Socks? It looks very neat and comfortable.

I've been enjoying your blog so will definitely be back. ~Sharon