Friday, December 16, 2005

Country Socks


Click here to enlarge.

Pattern: Country Socks by Nancy Bush from "Folk Socks"
Yarn: old yarn from stash. Gold is 60%wool/40%nylon, Navy is Pinguoin 100% wool
Notes: very easy, simple rib pattern. Followed the pattern exactly. I now love the star toe and it has become my favourite toe. Until now I have always used a 2.75mm for sport weight. These were done on 2.25mm and I am really impressed with fabric this creates. I will most certainly switch down to the smaller needles with sport weight from now on whenever possible.

I also finally received my free ball of Disco yarn from Bernat that was offered in the summer, I think. Not sure what I'll do with it but the colour is gorgeous, "Aqua Velvet"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THOSE ARE SO NICE & I LOVE THE COLORS - I need to get my butt in gear and work on my socks too

Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! Now that Christmas knitting is done, they're next on my list,too.
Happy Holidays!