Monday, December 12, 2005

Traveling Socks


Click here to enlarge.

Pattern: Traveling Socks by Lucy Neatby from the book "Socks, Socks, Socks"
Yarn: variegated yarn is Knit Picks Sock Memories "Hawaii" that I received from the Sock Scrap Swap. Solids are from stash.
Notes: Incredibly fun pattern to knit. Followed pattern but since some of the patterns intentially did not meet properly on the leg I increased and decreased so they would. Knit on 80sts, the heel and toe are somewhat boxy and next time I would go down to a 2mm to make them more fitted. Also note that the pattern calls for a 200 and something yard ball of the variegated, the knitpicks I used only had 192 yds and there was not enough to do the toes in the variegated so I used one of the solids.

I had so much fun knitting these that they inspired me to make my own following the same principles. I cast on the other night for another pair, using 2mms this time. I am using the same colour distribution as in the original pattern but am substituting my own stitch patterns and motifs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those socks look great. I really like the use on the "Hawaii" with the solid color.

Anonymous said...

I wandered over from Sandy's Warm Hands page top check out the mittens (lovely!) and fell in love with these socks. I ditto what liz said...very nice!! I'm going to have to try those!

Aimee said...

Well done you! Another beautiful creation.

Alison said...

Great socks! Love the colors.