Saturday, February 25, 2006

Continuing Saga of the Norwegians

Well, I got my Norwegians out of the corner today and pulled the needles out. Then I put that sucker on and it's not as bad as I thought. While the leg is tighter than usual it is not too tight to wear, but that heel is horrible (puffy and baggy). So today I ripped the sock back to the heel turning and redid the heel turn in the normal way (round heel, I think it's called) then I picked up 12 stitches along the heel instead of 14 and it is much nicer now. I do like the stranded pattern and it is a very easy one to knit, though I am finding the blues rather boring. So I am going to finish this sock and make the final decision on whether I'll continue to knit the second after this is finished, blocked and put on my foot for inspection. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!

I got an email today that my first postcrossing postcard arrived. In her profile she said she liked handmade cards so I sent her one and she says she loves it! Yeah! Can't wait until I receive my first card!

Karen, the pink sock I'm currently knitting is the February kit from the sock-of-the-month club. This is my fifth kit from the club and I've been happy with it every time.

I'm working on the foot of this now and I love it. This will help me knit the Norwegian too because when I sick of the blues in it I can come back to the lovely pink!

Dawn, the 4x6 swap I belong to is called zapbooks and you can find out more and join the group here. This is only my first month, so I can't say much about it yet but sign ups for the March swap will be starting in a few days.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hang in there with the Norwegians--they look like they will be worth the effort you have put into them when they are done :) Just passing through on Stashalong patrol--have a great week!