Thursday, February 02, 2006

Recipe for a Mitred Blanket

On the knitting front I have one December Rose sock (December sotmc) done and am working on the second. I also started my new sock design and am showing a sneak peak. I can't be bothered to mess around with the camera today so I'm showing scans. The December Rose sock is actually a royal purple.




Here is one of my recent collages.




Mitred Blanket Recipe

Aimee asked in the comments below how I make the mitred blankets. I do not use a pattern, it is just something I put together and I'll share what I do.

If you know how to knit mitred squares read on. If not I highly recommend "Domino Knitting" Vivian Høxbro. This is the best info I have read on mitred squares, it not only tells how to knit the squares but details the techniques for joining and weaving. Even if you know how to knit mitres I'd recommend this as a library read for sure.

{recipe removed, I may be having this published and must remove this for now}

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Thanks for the info! I have read the Hoxbro book, but I need to review it, then I'll get started on my blanket:)