Sunday, September 24, 2006

FO Day

Today is Finished Object Day here at The Stash Project.

First up are the Retro Rib socks by Evelyn A. Clark from Interweave Knits Winter 2004. The contrast colour is the leftover Trekking XXL from the Unsts and the main yarn is some thrifted wool Patons Azalea which seems to be quite ancient. A lovely yarn to knit with, it is pure new wool from Australia. Pretty much knit to pattern with the exception of the added contrast colour and I knit my standard star toe.

sept24-1

Next up we have the fingerless mitts on page 7 of the Fall 2005 Interweave Knits, using the Patons Siberia from stash. Again I really enjoyed this yarn and these are nice and soft. This was knit to pattern with the exception that it called for 6 mm needles and I only had 5.5 and 6.5 dpns so I went with the 5.5 mm. They only used 60 gr of yarn so I had plenty.

sept24-2

And finally we have a Lacy Summer Purse (PDF FILE) using the blue ball of Patons Cotton Sahara. This yarn gave me headache trying to figure out what to knit with it. I started knitting a dishcloth but I really like this yarn and it seemed too nice to knit a dishcloth with. I mean this stuff is old and I may never get my hands on some again so I wanted to make something "nice". Know what I mean? Finally settled on this pattern and this is such a cute little bag! It would make a perfect gift bag. It took pretty much the whole the ball of yarn with just enough left that I didn't hyperventilate about running out!

sept24-

I now have one and a half balls of the peach Cotton Sahara left and I am going to knit this bag again with it only I am going to try substituting the mesh pattern from itsy-bitsy. Now I am going to go get a few more balls out of the box to see what I'll be knitting with next.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I really like the retro sock pattern. I am going to have to go and finid that issue!

Teri.p said...

Love those socks; especially your choice of colors. And the little bag - cute!

Lynn said...

Oh those socks are great!! Very classic with just a hint of color with the grey. Nice!