Monday, August 29, 2005

Socks and Scarves

Another Diamond Scarf completed, this one with Bernat Galaxy in a lovely pink and gold colour.



Two new books added to my library this week. Barbara Walker's A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns and the new Vogue Knitting.



I don't always buy Vogue as I don't find many of the designs to my liking but I do get a lot of ideas from it and this pattern prompted me to buy this one. Now, I have no inclination to ever knit a skirt, but this modular pattern would be fabulous for a scarf or blanket.



I was caught by the elann bug last week and received some funky shades of Fortissma and a few more balls of Harris Tweed.



And finally, I have been knitting more than just scarves! The Ladder of Life socks are finished. Very easy yet attractive pattern and quick to knit in worsted. These are my firt pair of men's socks, knit for my 16 year old!


Click here to enlarge.

Next sock pattern, which I will be casting on today is the Basketcase socks. I also have another scarf almost finished, this one is a feather and fan done in a white cotton/Silk blend. Both my blankets, the purple mitres and the bias blanket, are receiving a bit of attention in the evenings as I'm watching Season 2 of 24 of DVD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those ladder of life socks are very nice,I'll have to do them too
cara
earth mother

Diane said...

Wow your socks and scarves are beautiful!Thnx for leaving a comment about the beaded gloves i made.....did you ever take a look at the link to see just how easy it is to do?I never dreamt that i'd be able to do it but as long as you've got some beads that will slip onto the end of a super fine crochet hook then your ahead of the game!:) Take a look and have a go at it it's so much fun :)