Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Wishful Thinking

One Old Shale sock done and I'm at the heel on the second one. I am suffering a serious case of SSS with this sock, it is so hard to work on the second one. But there is a reason. I am going to run out of the pink yarn, there is hardly any left. I know I need to go buy another ball but every time I pick it up I can't help thinking "Well, maybe it will last....".



So to relieve my anxiety over this sock, I did a quick-knit this week. A baby beret! Isn't it cute?



I also finished putting the blue and white crochet exchange squares together last night. It was so hot last night, too hot to have an afghan in your lap, but I just had to finish putting the border around the whole thing, even with the sweat dripping off my eyelashes. It was worth it.

2 comments:

Marguerite said...

Well, maybe that pink yarn will last. Some of my little balls have amazed me with how much I was able to knit with them.

Loved seeing the picture of your Old Shale sock. #1 looks great. You really do need a second one to go with it so you can wear them.

Anonymous said...

the old shale socks are great -it always happens that way to me too - you end up with enough to almost finish then you go buy more and use a tiny bit. - love the beret what did you use on that?