Monday, June 27, 2005

Old Shale Socks ...

are finished!



I really enjoyed knitting this pattern. I did have to go to the LYS for more pink yarn. I ran out just as I started the toe decreases. Next time I knit this sock, I'm going to try the colours the other way around with the variegated for the foot and the solid for the lace, heels and toes.

Of course when I went to get the pink I couldn't walk out with only one ball of yarn! So I picked up some Candy Kisses, they had a sale on Kroy. This is going to be perfect for a sock design I'm working on right now. The stitch pattern is a wide rib with a little lace done over the knit stitches that looks like butterflies, hence I'm calling them Butterfly Rib Socks.



Also made a toddler beret, these are so quick to knit.



June is almost over and I have 2 (Chutes n Ladders; Old Shale) of the 4 Sock Knit-alongs completed. The next 2 will be done over July. An early start on the Scallop Stitch Socks, has resulted in one finished sock. A lot of people knitting this sock found the cast on not to be enough stitches, so I went with a heavier worsted weight, Noro Kureyon, and the size is perfect. I had a hard time with the heel and gussets as written, there are some mistakes, so I re-wrote that section and am very pleased with the way they have turned out. Fit is perfect and I am going to have toasty toes next winter.



Crochet update: I received the last set of squares for the May purple exchange and have been working on the "funky afghan" I have 8 out of the 14 motifs finished at this point. The large square goes in the middle.

3 comments:

Marguerite said...

COngratulations on finishing the Old Shale socks. They look great.

Hope you enjoy wearing them.

StarKnits said...

those socks are great! both of them! where did you get the pattern for the Old Shale socks? they look so nice!

Anonymous said...

I seem to miss out on all the exchanges *sigh* love your socks!
cara
earth mother