Sunday, July 17, 2005

Current WIPS

The Butterfly Rib Socks are finished and the pattern is ready for use. I will post the pattern in the next post.

We spent the day in Okotoks. About 20 minutes away, it is so nice to get out of the city. So, I popped into their Wal-mart to look for any discount yarn. No yarn, but they sell Boye dpns! I have not seen these in any store here and they were pretty colours so of course I couldn't leave without bringing some home. They were out of #1's but I got some #2's & 3's (can't have enough dpns) plus a 6.5mm circular that I've been needing for a bag pattern.

So, now what am I working on? "How about some socks?" you say. What a good idea! I have some Stashbuster Spirals on the needles. I'm working both at the same time to make them identical.



Here's a pair I made for my niece a while ago out of Patons Look at Me.



This is more a technique for me rather than a pattern as I use my own basic pattern and apply the spiraling technique. I keep wanting to do this with a pair of mittens and a bag.

I've also been working on "Funky" and she is almost done. All the squares are made and I've got about half of it put together. Here's a sneak peak:

2 comments:

StarKnits said...

that afgan is going to be awesome! i can't wait to see the finished product!

Emily said...

That's really how I do all my socks : I take the technique and addapt it to my regular sock pattern. :D I'm going to do the stashbuster spirals next.

Your socks look so nice!

*greets*