Saturday, July 23, 2005

Mail Day!

Note to Cara: I've added some better and bigger pics of the Butterfly Rib Socks.

What a wonderful mail week I've had. Two packages of absolutely scrumptious yarn. First from elann I received Harris Tweed Shetland 4 ply and Peruvian Highland. it doesn't show up in the photos very well, but the subtle variations in the shades of the Shetland are beautiful.



Now, get ready to drool! From FunKnits I received the complete Opal Rainforest Collection! I feel like Homer and his doughnuts when I look at this.



On the knitting front, these stashbusters were frogged. When I tried them on, they were way too loose. I haven't made myself plain stocking stitch socks in ages and now I remember why; I like my socks to hug my feet. So after the frogging, I decided to go with a 3x1 rib for the cuff and then a 7x1 rib for the leg and instep. I also moved the dark purple to the heel, I think it is better placed there.



On the crochet front, Funky is almost done. All the pieces are bordered and joined, and I'm now working on the border around the whole thing. I'm making quite a large border with 2 dc rounds of each white, pink, and red, then 3 of black and finally 1 sc round of pink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the bigger pic of the socks,they look great.now to find the time to do them!
cara