Friday, July 29, 2005

Finished Object Day

The colour is off in my pictures today. Don't know if it's because of the light or if my camera is dying, which it might be since it's getting pretty old.

This is Finished Object Day! The Funky Afghan is finished and I am so pleased with it. I love this colour combination, and am tempted to start another one right away.



Close-up



Stashbuster spirals are finished and this makes all 4 of my sock alongs for June/July finished. Yay! Just in time for the new socks to be assigned on Aug. 1. This time I'll be participating in 5 sock-alongs. Five!! Plus, of course, the crochet exchanges. Wish me luck.

these are definately not as bright as they appear.

And I'm finished the toddler cable socks.



So, at the moment I have no (zero, nadda, zip) socks on the needles. I'm going to wait for the aforementioned sock kal assignments. Currently I'm working on the purple mitredness blanket which is actually starting to gain some size. I'm adding colour to the purpleness by using a few variegated yarns that include purple. Here's a pic, remember the colours are way off, but it shows how the size is coming along, since the last photo.



I was planning on showing a progress pic of "Branching Out", which I started this week. But I am using a Kid Mohair which is very fuzzy and very BLACK. Needless to say, when a stitch is dropped it enters the zone of no return and after trying to fudge a mistake and making another it was "ribbit" time. I will cast on again and hopefully next posting will show a photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lordy 5 sock alongs? which are they? btw I am so looking forward to August 1st and bought the wool for it! many thanks for coming up with the idea
cara

Anonymous said...

wow - that came out great-