Sunday, July 03, 2005

On the Needles & Comments

The Scallop Stitch socks are finished. I love them. This yarn is so soft and warm for winter socks.



I have a couple of socks in progress at the moment. I'm working on some of my own patterns. First the butterfly rib socks, I'm not sure that the multi- yarn really shows of the pattern, so I'm going to try another on in a solid with multi- cuff, heel and toe. Here's a close-up of the pattern and the textured cuff.



I also have a basic cable toddler sock on the go. The plan with this one is make the same pattern work for a toddler, child and woman with different yarn weights.



The purple mitred throw is progressing nicely, I've put a bit of work into it since the last picture.



The July crochet exchanges have just started and I'm signed up for blue, green, and pastel this month. I'll be busy crocheting this week and getting my squares ready to mail.

Comments on Comments:

elona if you, or anybody, knit my chevron socks I'd love if you sent me a photo or a link. I'm really interested in seeing how all the different yarns look in this pattern.

ines the baby beret is knit with Patons Kroy Socks Crayon Jacquard.

Allena the old shale socks are by marguerite and the free pattern can be found on her blog.

Cara you're not too late for the sock knit alongs I belong to! Beginner, colorwork, intermediate from the socknitters group, and six socks. And if you want to join a crochet exchange, the flying granyhooks exchanges run every month!

1 comment:

StarKnits said...

oh thanks i'm checking out the site in a min along with some of those exchanges you were talking about! thanks for remembering me!