Thursday, August 11, 2005

Amble-ing Along

Feels like I have a lot on the go with my wips at the moment, making slow but steady progress. The 6sox Amble socks are going nicely, I like this pattern but it does take concentration, I'm at the point where I no longer have to read the chart stitch for stitch but I do need to glance at it each row to make sure I'm on track.

I'm using vintage yarn for this. Some 4ply fingering 60%wool/40%nylon made by KMart (can you believe it!). And it is very nice to knit with. Makes me wish for the good ol'days when even KMart made there own sock yarn.



Mail man was nice to me this week, too. Got a book from amazon and some Opal Rodeo I won in a drawing by the Canadian distributer of Opal.



Bias blanket is progressing, I'm getting close to having it as wide as I want, though I guess you can't really tell from the picture. This will be the last pic until it's done (or almost)



Design Ramblings: I'm working on another design at the moment. I've had this pattern in my mind for ages, I just love it. Problem is, it is a 13 stitch repeat and to have an even number of repeats with enough stitches I had to go to 78 sts and of course, I then needed to go down to #0 needles. It is working out nicely, but I'm feeling the stitch is turning out too small on #0's, I really do want to use #1's. The samples below are what I've done on #0's.

So, I'm going to try another sample on #1s with 5 repeats on 68sts. This is going to mean I'll have to centre 2 repeats with extra side sts over the instep, but I think I have an idea to compensate for the extra sts. This is turing out to be the most complicated design I've done, but I am loving every minute of it!

Note: My camera is acting up again, it just doesn't want to do close-ups, so these photos aren't as clear as I'd like.





Comments: Thanks for the comps on Friday Harbor everyone! Ines, my sock blockers are by fiber trends, but I got them from elann.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I would love the pattern as it is now, on the #0 needles, as that's my favourite size of needles to knit with! I looks great!