Thursday, August 04, 2005

One Friday Harbor Sock

Finished my first Friday Harbor sock and am starting the leg lace on the second one. I followed the pattern for number of stitches and needle size but had to shorten both the leg and foot, so ignored the pattern repeat instructions and just continued until the length was right for me. I could only fit one of the small diamonds at the end of the foot. Then I did a round toe as the pattern called for as I had never made one on a sock before. I use that shaping on mitts all the time but not a sock. Anyway I did not like the way it looked at all, or the way it fit so I pulled it out and worked my normal toe shaping and grafted the end. I am pleased with it and like the way it both looks and feels on, I really do enjoy wearing cotton socks.


Click Here to enlarge.

The picture in my previous post is more true to the colour.

Other than these socks, the only other thing I'm working on at the moment is my August crochet exchange squares and the purple mitredness every now and then.

PS - Go take a look at the chevron socks that KnitSox made.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooohhh how nice I haven't even started mine yet - I am such a slacker