Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A New Fun Knit

Amble Sock is coming along nicely, I have one done and the second one started. I really like this pattern and the stitches are showing up nicely on this not too dark red. I'm also amzed at how nicely the vintage KMart sock yarn is knitting up.


Click here to enlarge.

Found myself another group to join! Iris Schreier of Art Yarns has a new book out and has a new Yahoo group to go along with it. I love modular knitting and am anxious to get her new book. The first kal is the original multidirectional scarf. These are so fun and fast to knit.


Click here to enlarge.
This is some old worsted from my stash.

On the design front: I have the pattern worked out for these socks and am happy with the look of the stitch on #1s but I'm not happy with the size and feel of the fabric. I've now assumed this is because of the yarn Fortissima Cotton Colori, cotton doesn't have any give to it and this stitch is not working with it. So back to the drawing board! I'm looking for a wool yarn to try again.

Here you can see the stitch detail and how the pattern is working out. Since my camera won't do close-ups, these have been scanned. First picture is light and shows the true colour of the yarn, the second is darker and shows off the stitch detail a bit better.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the lace pattern on that sock,and the red is lovely
cara
earth mother