Friday, October 07, 2005

Week of Mail

The mailman has been busy stopping by this week. First my "Folk Solks" book came so now I can start thinking about the Latvian socks for the folksolks kal.


I love elann.com. I placed my order on Monday and received my package on Wednesday! Here we have some circs I needed: Clover and Addi-Turbos. Then some Harris Tweed Shetland for a shawl (Butterfly Garden from Inknitters mag) I'm planning and some Endless Summer Cotton for dishcloths for my kitchen.

As you know I am a sock-addict and therefore must absolutely belong to a sock club. I've been neglectful up to this point but have rectified the situation by joing the sock of the month club from theknitter.com. The first kit arrived and I'm thrilled with it. Beautiful lace sock called "Hawaiin Leis" and some Trekking XXL which I have never knit with before.



Of course, when signing up, I had to add a few other items to my basket. So here we have Lornas Laces Glenwood and Mountain Colors Weavers Wool Quarters in Firestorm:


On the knitting front, I'm working on both the Chevron and Conway socks. We are going away for this weekend for Thanksgiving and I have a 2 hour drive both ways (= 4 hrs pure knitting!) and hope to have them both finished when I return.

Finally, for Jane's contest here are my socks:

No comments: