Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Weekend Shopping and FOs

Did a little bit of shopping this weekend in Lethbridge. Popped into Walmart and they had some of the green cotton I've been looking for and having a hard time finding, plus the newest issue of Creative Knitting. Not much in it but I picked it up because there are two Christmas Stocking Mosaic patterns I like.



Did the round of the thrift stores and made a score at the Mennonite Thrift Shop. A bunch of old McCall's Needlework & Crafts (I collect these from the 50s-70s) and a little bag of odds and ends of sock yarn that immediately called out monster socks to me. There appears to be three different colorways here.



And finally, went into a wonderful little yarn shop: Knitting Time, where I found some lovlies. Been looking for the Great American afghan books for ages, they are very hard to find around here. So I picked up Great American Afghan and Great North American Afghan 2. Also got some cute Regia sock needles with little sock protectors, these are Us #0's which I needed a second set for the Latvian Socks the Folk Socks Kal is knitting. And finally mustn't leave without sock yarn, so here we have some Online sock yarn in a beautiful fall shade orange/lime/red.



And I did get some knitting done. Not as much as I had hoped, I was way too tired on the ride home to knit but did get the Chevron socks finished, and have another set of yellow dishcloths done. I have just enough yellow left for one more cloth I think.


Click here to enlarge.



Click here to enlarge.

I'm on the gussets of the second Conway sock and should have a FO next time I post.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Knitting Time is a great little store. Next time your in Lethbridge check out the Needlecraft Cupboard too, it is just kitty corner from Blockbuster in the strip mall on 13th street. I love shopping at both stores, lots of variety and they don't carry alot of the same yarns too. Happy Knitting.

Anonymous said...

How is it that people find yarn at thrift shops? I have never been so lucky. :( I do like looking through the old craft books, though.