Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Contest

Edit: I've given better clues ... if you already guessed ... guess again. See above post for explanation

I've been thinking, one way to help reduce my stash is to give something away. So I'm holding a contest. The winner will receive a skein of Opal Parrot sock yarn.

To enter the contest you have to guess where I was born.

Clues:

The city/town where I was born has a very well-known knitting connection.
Trish is right I did emigrate ... so the city/town is not in Canada.
In fact ... it isn't even in North America.

Leave your guess in the comments and make sure you include your email address so I can contact you if you win Guesses can be made until Friday. On Saturday I will announce the winner. The person who guesses correctly will win. If more than one person guesses correctly, I will put the correct guesses in a sock and draw a name for the winner.

8 comments:

Karen said...

I'm going to guess Barrie Ontario.

Karen
mamasews2002 at yahoo dot com

Chris said...

I'm guessing Toronto.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I was going to say Toronto, but Chris beat me to it. How about Sioux Falls, SD? And somewhere, sometime you emigrated to Canada?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I was going to say Toronto, but Chris beat me to it. How about Sioux Falls, SD? And somewhere, sometime you emigrated to Canada?

Chris said...

Hmm. Paris? London?

(You must forgive - I'm in Stashalong - no new yarn until April except by winning or gifting!)

Trish said...

Hmmm, how about Leicester, England...according to my googling, a town that played an important role in the British knitting industry. I have no idea what important role, but if I had read Richard Rutt's book, the History of Hand Knitting, perhaps I would know...(smile).

trish at randomthreads dot com

Karen said...

My new guess in Sydney, Australia

Karen
mamasews2002 at yahoo dot com

The Mistress said...

Holmfirth, West Yorkshire... the Home of Rowan Yarns? (don't want to leave email.. will check back on Saturday to see if I'm right)