Tuesday, January 03, 2006

First FOs of 2006!

First up is the mitred square rug made with Phentex from the stash. I just have to get some of that non-skid stuff to put on the back. I'm making another one since I still have some Phentex left and am adding some other polar weight scraps, so it will be more scrappy.

Click here to enlarge.

Pattern: none, basic mitred squares
Yarn: double strand of Phentex, 8mm needles.
Notes: This rug is for the laundry room. I've added boots to the pic for scale.



Click here to enlarge.

Pattern: Whitby by Nancy Bush from "Knitting on the Road"
Yarn: Briggs & Little from stash, unknown because label is lost, but a light worsted/dk weight. 2.75mm needles
Notes : followed the pattern exactly. Easy pattern to memorize, the B&L yarn is somewhat rough to work with but I've used it for socks before and will soften after washing.

Current WIPS
1) scrap mitred square rug
2) my stranded socks
3) Shell Socks from "Knitting Vintage Socks"

2 comments:

KnitYoga said...

The rug looks fab! What a great way of using stash!

Kim said...

I love the rug and the socks. I have a knitted rug book, I just can't decide what I want to make in it. Just passing through on weekly Stashalong patrol.