Friday, January 27, 2006

Socks Once More

Stranded socks are finished. My camera is on the blink again, so ignore the date stamp on the image.


Click here to enlarge.

Pattern: my own (based on Traveling Socks from Socks, Socks, Socks)
Yarn: turquoise (unknown), rust vintage 100% wool, Multi (Bernat Sox Hot Tamale)
Notes: I used the original chart for colour distribution. I replaced all the motifs with my own and used seed stitch instead of garter stitch (in the original). I also did the whole thing on 2mm needles and the fit is wonderful (not boxy like the original). I used a star toe. Absolutely love knitting this type of sock and will be starting another one entirely from scratch (my own design).

WIPS

Currently working on the December Rose (sotmc) socks and a mitre blanket using alternating stripes of black and anything & everything from my scrap basket.


Click here to enlarge.




I've got a puzzle together and am hosting an altered puzzle with the theme of the "Wizard of OZ" for my altered puzzle group. Can't wait to get this going.

I also ventured out into the world of GTCs and made my first cards. GTCs are basically the same as ATCs only they are entirely glued/collaged. My latest gluepage and a GTC for you. Visit my flickr galleries linked in the sidebar to see more.



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your stranded socks are GORGEOUS! I am trying to learn the stranded technique right now and it is still feeling a bit awkward. Did you use the Philosopher's technique weaving in the floats? Pretty, pretty, pretty!

Aimee said...

I keep seeing these mitered square goodies you are making. They are tempting me. Is this a pattern? Or, can you tell me the technique? I love the idea of using up stash and getting such a beautiful blanket.