Sunday, January 01, 2006

KALs

OK, as the new year comes in I am doing some housecleaning here at Sock It To Me and I need to get my knit-alongs under control. I need to have time to do the kals and still have time to do my own things. I also want to concentrate on designing this year. So here are my current knit alongs, comments and decisions on what has to go.




Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. One sock every two months. I am the owner of this kal and I love it so it is definately staying.




Mittens. No deadlines. No commitments. Just knit mittens when I feel like it. So this stays, also.




Nancy Bush's Folk Socks. Hmm ... well most of the socks in this book I would not realistically get around to without the kal. Both socks I've knit for the kal, I love. One sock every two months. Really don't want to give this up, so it stays.




Tough decision. I guess I haven't really been thrilled with any of the socks in this. Nice patterns, but not earth shattering. Definately enjoy the Nancy Bush socks more. I've done 5 patterns in a row, but find myself not wanting to knit the current one. I have to give up something ... so ... this one is going. Goodbye 6sox kal!





Nacy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. Haven't started this one yet but I did get the book for Christmas. One sock every two months. I love Nancy Bush patterns and it wouldn't seem right not to participate in this, so ... it stays!

Socknitters SAM


This kal has changed its format and is going more into techniques than actual patterns. I have other places I can learn new techniques so I'll say ... Goodbye Socknitters SAM!

Socks, Socks, Socks


Love the book. Love some of the patterns. one sock every two months. Have not knit this months socks and do not intend to. How about I make a bargain with this kal? With 70 patterns, there is no way I want to knit every sock in this book. So the bargain is I will participate if the sock pattern chosen is one I already want to knit and have a suitable yarn in stash.




This one is easy. No commitments to knit. Just use stash for all of the above!

Summary:
2 knit-alongs given the boot.
6 remain.


Commitments:
1) 3 socks every two months, possibly 4. That's 1.5 to 2 pairs of socks a month.
2) An occassional mitten when I feel like it (... and I will!).
3) Plus everything must be knit with stash.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I hear you with reining in the KAL's I am trying to do the same. Just stopping by on my weekly Stashalong check.